- Ready Time :
- 12 chicken thigh
- 2 onion sliced
- 2 red capsicum sliced
- 6 tomatoe
- 2 Tablespoon (tblsp)s olive oil
- 2 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon (tblsp) butter
- 1 branch of thyme
- 2 bay leaf
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 Cups couscous (about 500g)
Remove core of tomatoes, make a cross and plunge in boiling water for about one minute or until the skin starts peeling.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the chicken thighs until golden all over.
Remove from the pan, drain well and add a blast or water to “deglazed the pan” to be used after.
In an oven proof dish, sauté the onion, garlic, tomatoes cut into quarters, and capsicums until they collapse. Add a glass of water or stock or the water from the pan, season well with salt and pepper, thyme, bay leaves, pepper corns and simmer for half an hour.
Place the chicken thighs on top of the tomato mixture, put a lid on it and simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is cooked.
Serve on a bed of couscous
- You can serve any combination of vegetables that you have on hand with this, or no vegetables at all as you already have lots of vitamins there. Some lettuce after the chicken will complete your meal.
- I will show you how to prepare this dish the day before
- In summer you can brown the chicken on a BBQ
- We will make the couscous more exciting by adding vegetables to it.